Sept 1999 – Dec 2004
5 years development experience (including 2 years Graduate Development Scheme)
on a variety of UK Government re-modernisation projects. Experience of full life-cycle development using JAD/RAD. Also mentored a number of Modern Apprentices and new Graduates.
- An n-tier web application, used by Candidates to register their CV profiles,
and for Employers to search for Candidates that match vacancy requirements.
My achievements included:
- Implementing Java Struts 1.1 framework (including use of Tiles, XML Validator and Custom Tag functionality). Full life-cycle development.
- <li>Designing user-friendly screens using Macromedia Dreamweaver/Flash MX.
JAVA, J2EE (JSP, Servlets), JDBC, XHTML, CSS, Weblogic 8, XML, UML, OO, Ant, JUnit, MySQL.
Internet Job Bank Phase 2 (IJB2)
- Successfully re-engineered existing JobCentre Plus JobPoint application (which is used by jobseekers in over 2000 job centres) and the web application (www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk) using J2EE and MVC2 design pattern to improve performance, and code reuse. This allowed project timescales to be reduced in further enhancements of the application.
Contract and Funding system
- Development of an automated batch programme to assist the processing of payments to Jobcentre Plus Post 16 education suppliers on a weekly or adhoc basis.
C, Pro*C, Oracle 8i.